The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) informed the Bombay High Court on Wednesday, that they had granted A certificate to Udta Punjab after ordering some cuts.
Here’s a complete list of all the cuts demanded by Censor Board for Udta Punjab.
1. First disclaimer should be audio/video and to be changed as – ‘The film focusses on the rising menace of drugs and war against drugs and is an attempt to show ill-effects of drugs on today’s youth and the social fabric. We acknowledge the battle against drugs being fought by the government and the police. But this battle cannot be won unless the people of India unite against the menace.
2. Delete sign of Board of Punjab in the beginning.
3. Delete Punjab, Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Tarantaran, Jashanpura, Ambesar, Ludhiana and Molga to be delted from backbackground and dialogue wherever it occurs.
4. Delete two words from song 1- ‘Chiitave and H*r*mi
5. Delete ‘tom di c*ck jevhe chitti chitti c*ck’ and ‘c*ock’ in the entire song.
6. Remove all all cuss words from the movie – b****c**d, c**d, t*tt*, chusa hua aam to name a few
7. Delete the word ‘election’, ‘MP’, ‘party’, ‘MLA’, ‘Punjab’, ‘Parliament’
8. From song no 3, delete the visuals of scratching/itching side portion of Sardar.
9. Delete the close-up shots of injecting the drugs wherever it appears.
10. Delete the shot of urinating by Tommy in front of the crowd.
11. Delete the line ‘Jamin Banzar te Aulad Kanjar’.
12. Delete the name of the dog as ‘Jackie Chan’.
13. Second disclaimer of fiction to be increased according to audio/video.
Anurag, then told the court that they will check the suggestions (cuts) given by CBFC and will respond with an amended plea by Thursday.