Avengers: Infinity War has broken all time opening weekend records in both North America and worldwide. The film is expected to collect around $250 million in the domestic market which is an all time record.
It has beaten 2015’s release Star Wars The Force Awakens which opened with $247.9 million. In overseas markets, it has grossed $380 million which is the second highest of all time after Fate of The Furious. Though Avengers Infinity War has not been released in China yet which is the second biggest market after North America.
Overall the worldwide gross is monstrous $630 million which is also an all time record beating Fate of The Furious. Below is the list of top 5 highest weekend grossers.
- Avengers Infinity War – $630 million
- Fate of The Furious – $541.9 million
- Star Wars The Force Awakens – $529.0 million
- Jurassic World – $525.50 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 – $483.2 million